1. Booking Deposit
Your application must be made on the Official Booking Form on our website, which will be found on the Prices/availability button, or by phone. Bookings made more than 6 week in advance will require a 33% deposit (min £200) to secure the booking.
Bookings made less than 6 weeks in advance require the full charge of balance and refundable security deposit to be paid to secure the booking.
To confirm and secure your booking your deposit must be with us no later than 72 hours from the time the booking is made. After this time the week(s) will be reopened for letting.
2. Balance Payment
On confirmation of the booking the balance is due 6 weeks before the date of commencement of the holiday. The balance due date and amount are shown on the confirmation invoice.Please note;no reminders will be sent. If the full balance is not received by the due date the booking may be treated as a cancellation without prior notice.
2.1. Booking Fees
Sailing By St Ives charge a admin fee of £10 for each booking.
3. Security / Damage Deposit
The security / damage deposit £200.00 also becomes payable with the balance, or full payment whichever applies.This is also shown on the confirmation invoice.Providing there is no breach of our terms and conditions this will be returned in full within two weeks of the date of departure
4. Methods of Payment
Payments may be made by :-
- (i) By Bank Transfer: Contact us for details
- (ii) Debit Cards accepted
- (iii) All major Credit Cards accepted – A 2% surcharge applies to all credit card transactions, including security deposit returns
- (iv) There is a one off booking fee of £10 for all bookings
the owners reserve the right to accept / refuse bookings at their discretion.
6. No Smoking Policy
The cottages are strictly no smoking.
7. Duration and Times of Letting
Lettings commence from 3pm on the first day of the tenancy and end at 10am on the last day of the tenancy.
7a: Late departure will incur a £25 fee for the first hour or any part thereof and £50 per hour thereafter.
9. Key collection and Return
The keys will be left either in the key safe or by appointment at the owner’s discretion prior to the holiday commencement date.
On locking the property the key is to be left in the key safe,
10. Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must firstly be advised by telephone, followed by written confirmation within 7 days. We will make our best endeavours to secure another booking on the property, for the same term and if possible for the same charge, we do however reserve the right to negotiate the charge. On this basis any refund will be made less any shortfall between the tariff price and the price achieved on re-letting. We shall not be liable at the suit of any hirer of accommodation on the grounds that we have not used our best endeavours or for any other reason.
A £50 administration charge applies to all cancellations, and will be charged even if re-let
If the property has not been re-let , the full hire charge will still become due 6 weeks before your holiday commences. If the cancellation is covered by insurance, you must also advise the insurance company.
11. Holiday Cancellation Insurance
In the unfortunate event, and for your peace of mind,should you have to cancel your holiday. we do recommend that insurance cover is taken out for the full amount payable in the event of cancellation. Our own insurers, Schofields Ltd. UK Holiday Insurance, have a suitable policy available for a small and very reasonable premium. Please refer to the link adjacent to the booking form on our website for further details.
12. Changing a Booking
Once a booking has been confirmed the booking cannot be changed to another date, except by dealing with the booking as a cancellation (see cancellation). The dates of a booking may be changed within the same calendar year if available and the owner agrees in which case a re-booking fee of £50.00 to cover administration will be payable.
13. The Tenancy
The tenancy confers upon the tenants the right to occupy for a holiday within the meaning of schedule 1. Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988.
14. The Tenant /Hirer Agrees
- (a) To keep and leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy state and on departure returning all furniture to the place in which it was found on entry and ensuring that all kitchen utensils i.e. crockery, cutlery, saucepans etc., are washed and cleaned and returned to the appropriate drawer or cupboard. The dishwasher must be left empty as must the kitchen bin and all rubbish removed from the property prior to departure. Any additional cleaning in respect of the above will incur a minimum charge of £25. In extreme cases the security deposit may be forfeit.
- (b) To pay for any breakages and damage.
- (c) Not to do anything to make void or voidable any policy of insurance.
- (d) Not to cause a nuisance to neighbours. Equally, although unlikely,the owners cannot be held responsible for any nuisance caused by neighbours.
- (e) To allow the owner, his servant or agents reasonable access. Although the owner does not wish to disturb your holiday, we do reserve the right to enter the property during your stay should the need arise.
- (f) To leave the accommodation in such a state and condition that it is suitable for occupation for another hirer. If this is not the case the hirer will be liable for the hire charges as shown for the accommodation for the period until it is so available and for any loss or damage which shall be occasioned thereby.
- (g) Not to part with possessions of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the booking form.
- (h) Not to exceed the total number of people it sleeps as detailed in the property description. Should the booking conditions not be met, the hirer agrees to pay any additional charges incurred(the amount is not restricted to the sum taken as the security deposit)and the owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the letting period.
15. Non Availability of Accommodation
If due to any occurrence beyond the control of the owner the accommodation is not available as booked, e.g. fire, flood, all monies paid will be refunded in full, but the owner thereafter will not be under any further liability towards the hirer.
16. Dog terms and conditions
Dogs are welcome but strictly by prior arrangement only
There is a nominal £20 charge for bringing your dog
As dog lovers with dogs of our own, we know they become one of the family and to take them on holiday is just the best!
We therefore welcome you to bring your dog, but ask that our terms relating to dogs in our property are respected.
- Dogs welcome only – no other pets
- Only one well behaved dog allowed
- Dogs are ONLY allowed on the ground floor. Stair gates are provided for this purpose
- Your dog must not be left alone in the cottage – under any circumstances
- Your dog must be fully house trained
- Dogs need to be under supervision and control when in the cottage
- Please bring your dog’s own bedding and feeding bowls and also towels for drying off.
- Please ensure that your dog is not allowed any furniture or beds, this can impact on your security deposit.
- Please check that your dog is up to date with flea and wormer treatments
Security Deposit in Respect of Dogs
Please Note: Any damage to any items within the property deemed by us to have been caused by your dog, including breakages, soiled fabrics & carpets, chew marks, scratches or other will result in the loss of part or all of your security deposit, as well as additional charges may apply should the deposit not cover the replacement or fix for the damage caused.
Any additional cleaning required will incur a minimum charge of £25.
The owners do not accept liability for any act, neglect or default on the part of the Owners or any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the hirer or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the letting. In addition, the Owners accepts no liability for loss or damage to the hirers possessions on the Owners property or land.
18. Complaints Procedure
If you have any cause for dissatisfaction PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY by calling 07770 865 895 or 01460 259295 or by email. It is imperative that we see the reason for the complaint before any remedial action is taken. We regret we cannot consider any complaints where we have not been given the opportunity to investigate the complaint and endeavour to put matters right during the tenancy, or any complaints made on departure or after your return home.
19. Lost Property
Please ensure before leaving at the end of your holiday that you have taken all your belongings. Please understand that the owners or their agents cannot be held responsible for left behind items and cannot undertake returning all lost belongings.
Sailing By supplies complimentary WiFi free of charge for all our guests. It must be understood that this is supplied on a complimentary basis and Sailing By cannot be responsible for any faults or interruptions to the service by the provider..
Sailing By St.Ives reserves the right to amend, update any of these terms without notice.