Enjoy the very best of both worlds in St Ives, Cornwall with Cuckoo Rock House.
Wake up each morning in breath taking rural St Ives surrounded by stunning countryside.
This beautiful farmhouse provides spacious accommodation for six people.
Sitting perfectly in its own grounds, with ample parking, high on the hill tops above St Ives, with panoramic views over the unspoilt surrounding countryside and glorious sea views across to Mounts Bay, St Michaels Mount and beyond.
Set well away from the road with its own long driveway, this cottage provides perfect tranquillity, yet is less than a three minute drive from St Ives (1.9 miles), with its 5 golden beaches, awarding winning restaurants, scenic harbour and fabulous array of shops.
There is also the option to hire our own private parking space in St Ives for your stay. The space is at Porthgwidden, just 20 paces from the beach. (subject to availability).
Enjoy the tranquillity of the countryside with easy access to the beaches and all that St Ives has to offer – the best of both worlds!
We do accept one well behaved dog in Cuckoo Rock but strictly by prior arrangement only.
Cuckoo Rock House takes its name from the large spectacular landmark of stone quoits in the adjacent field.
Originally a pair of miners’ cottages circa 1800, since its early beginnings Cuckoo Rock House has now been extended substantially to form this beautiful granite house, steeped in charm and character, retaining many original features.
- Well-equipped traditional kitchen with AGA, dishwasher, toaster and table & chairs for 6 people. Off the kitchen is a utility room with electric cooker and hob, washing machine and small Belfast sink.
- Large shower room on the ground floor: Perfect for returning after a day walking or from the beach.
- Conservatory looking onto the gardens
- Large living room with beamed ceiling and large granite fireplaces at each end of the room, with wood burner in set making a splendid focal point.
- Two double bedrooms each with king-size beds and a twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Travel cot available to hire – £20
- Large family bathroom comprising of bath, large contemporary shower, WC sink unit and airing cupboard.
- Large gardens & grounds
- There is a nominal £20 charge for bringing your dog
- Free WIFI
- Unique secluded location
- Located on the hilltops, just 1.9 miles from St Ives
- Efficient heating throughout.
- Linen and towels included.
- Ample private parking for several cars.
- Secure private parking space in St. Ives available at additional cost (subject to availability)
- Friday – Friday bookings – Check in 3pm/Check out 10am
- Short breaks available in low season. (Jan, Feb, March, April – Oct, Nov, Dec)
- It is also well placed for so many other famous destinations nearby, such as Sennen Cove, Zennor, Gurnards Head and the Minnack Theatre to name but a few.
Cuckoo Rock House,